SIA Door Supervision

The SIA Door Supervisor licence offers a rewarding career and will enable you to work as an SIA Door Supervisor or SIA Security Guard in the UK.
One of the requirements of the SIA licence is that you hold a recognised qualification, and the BTEC Level 2 National Certificate for SIA door supervisors from EDEXCEL meets the requirement for the SIA Licence. This will involve attending a four day course and passing three multiple choice exams.

On receipt of your exam results, you can send in your application form to the SIA (provided that you have passed the exams). We provide blank application forms on our courses and will always give help and guidance with completing them.

Results and Certificates available within 10 working days of the exam. Regalis Group is able to offer an unofficial result through EDI campus on the course day.

You can track how your application is proceeding by going to the Application Status checker on the SIA Website (

Course Content

1-Core Learning for Common Security Industry Knowledge

  • Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
  • Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
  • Fire Safety Awareness
  • Emergency Procedures
  • The Private Security Industry
  • Communication Skills and Customer Care

2-Door Supervisor Specialist Module

  • Behavioural Standards
  • Civil and Criminal Law
  • Searching
  • Arrest
  • Drugs Awareness
  • Recording Incidents and Crime Preservation
  • Licensing Law
  • Emergency Procedures

3-Conflict Management Module

  • Avoiding Conflict and Reducing Personal Risk
  • Defusing Conflict
  • Resolving and Learning from Conflict
  • Application of Communication Skills and Conflict Management for Door Supervisors

4-Physical Intervention Skills Module

  • Introduction to Physical Skills
  • Disengagement Techniques
  • Escorting Techniques

With a Door Supervisor License you can work in;

  • Private Functions, Movie Premiers and High Profile Events
  • Pubs, Bars, Clubs, Restaurants, Casinos
  • Stores, Buildings, Retail Outlets, Shopping Centre, Construction Sites
  • Airports, Train Stations, Hospitals, Schools, Colleges, Museums
  • Night Guards, Patrol Officers, Mobile Patrol Response
  • London 2012 Olympics

What Do I need to bring for enrolment?

Original ID Documents (Passport or UK Driving License)
2 x Proof of address (Recent Utility Bill or Bank statement)
4 Passport Photos (Colour photo with white background)

In order to obtain your license you must be at least 18 years of age, and you must pass an identity check, a criminal record check, and hold the appropriate SIA-approved qualification.

WARNING: It is a legal requirement for anyone working in the United Kingdom security industry to have the necessary training and qualification, accredited by the SIA (Security Industry Authority). Therefore, working  in the industry without a valid SIA Licence is a criminal offence, which means you could be fined and even put in prison.