Regalis Group's CCTV Training course is fully SIA approved and accredited by EDI. SIA approved CCTV licence (Public Space Surveillance) is required when manned guarding activities are carried out through the use of closed circuit television equipment to:
a.monitor the activities of a member of the public in a public or private place; or
b.identify a particular person.
To get one of the qualifications linked to Public Space Surveillance (CCTV) licensing you will need to attend and take two training modules and take and pass two exams. The course may be delivered over three days or during weekends and/or evening sessions.
Working in the Private Security Industry (Common Security Unit)
- Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
- Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
- Fire Safety Awareness
- Emergency Procedures
- The Private Security Industry
- Communication Skills and Customer Care
CCTV Operations (Public Space Surveillance) Specialist Module
- Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and other CCTV Staff
- Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
- CCTV Equipment and its Operation
- Control Room Communications and Access Control
- Dealing with Incidents
- CCTV Surveillance Techniques
- Emergency Procedures in the CCTV Control Room
- Health and Safety at Work in the CCTV Environment
This unit will be assessed by means of:
-a written test, set and marked by Edexcel or EDI
-practical tasks, assessed internally by Regalis Group’s Instructors.
Students must pass both parts of the assessment to pass the unit.
Edexcel BTEC Level 2 Certificate in CCTV or EDI Level 2 Award in CCTV Operations (PSS)
What Do I need to bring for enrolment?
Original ID Documents (Passport or UK Driving License)
2 x Proof of address (Recent Utility Bill or Bank statement)
4 Passport Photos (Colour photo with white background)
No course booking is guaranteed without a deposit. The full balance of your course fees must be received by us in cleared funds at least 7 days in advance of the start date of your course.
For further information please contact Regalis Group’s Head Office on 0207 704 2555.